Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Major Collecting Goal Done

One of my major goals since I got back into collecting was to get a Johnny Damon auto. I checked everywhere at the last card show, but to no avail. I figured someone would have a signed card or something especially since he had a stint in Detroit last year. It's a shame the Tigers didn't keep him around especially since he's hitting .275 with 7 hrs, 55 hits, and 30 rbi as a DH. I'm sure all of you know that Damon is my favorite active player. I have quite the collection of his excluding most of his cards as a Yank.
My desperation to add an auto of his to my collection caused me to reach out to fellow bloggers. William from foulbunt helped me out. I had read that he was hitting the card show so I asked him to look for an auto for my collection. He didn't disappoint. After picking it up for me we worked out a trade for a few Orioles he could add to his collection.

The Caveman himself! Apparently, based off all the sites I've gone to for ttms he doesn't sign many autographs. I was pretty excited to add this card, and it's easily one of my favorite cards I own. William, thanks again for picking me up this awesome card!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like it. I thought it was a pretty cool card, myself. Reminiscent of Sweet Spot. I had never seen any of these, though. Glad we could do the trade.

    ReplyDelete